Assisting you to develop a risk policy for your business. A risk policy documents the attitude of your organization toward risk and steps out the intended mitigation approach.
Developing a risk framework/methodology document for your organization. This essentially is the ‘road map’ for risk management and is essential in order to provide consistency within the various risk management approaches that occur in every organization. Such a document will typically include the following:
- Key accountabilities
- Reporting frameworks
- Explanation of risk assessment method
- Risk ranking criteria
- Templates and pro-formas
Advising on the setting up of Risk Committees. Many organizations set up such committees to oversee the risk process. Risk committees adopt an ‘audit committee’ approach to all risk management activities.
Development of risk-based internal audit plans. Internal audit departments are often faced with resourcing issues and a risk-based approach to development of their audit plans is accepted practice. At BPC Canada we have a strong awareness of the issues facing modern internal audit departments.
Providing advice on the role of internal audit department. Internal audit (IA) have a key role in the risk management process within a typical organization.
Planning and facilitating strategic and/or operational risk assessments:
- Facilitate risk assessment workshops
- Conduct interviews with relevant stakeholders
- Develop and deliver on-line risk assessment reviews
- Create initial risk registers
Assisting in the development of risk treatment plans. Identification of risk is not enough. The “management” in risk management implies that something is done in order to mitigate the key risks. We can assist organisations to develop treatment plans.
These plans can include measures that:
- Prevent the risk occurring
- Detect whether or not the risk has occurred
- Assist you to respond appropriately to the risk and thereby reduce the impacts
Designing and implementing risk reporting frameworks for:
- Risk owners
- Audit committees
- Risk committees
- Governing bodies and Boards
Risk management training . As part of all our assignments we undertake to transfer knowledge to those responsible for the on-going management of risks.
Providing ongoing risk management support services:
- Review and maintain existing risk registers
- Monitor and review progress in enacting risk treatment plans
- Provide management reporting
Customizing, installing and supporting our BPC Enterprise ‘RiskManager’ software.